1) Club membership dues are $20.00 per person
2) Registration will start 1 hour prior to tournament time and end 15 minutes prior to start of the tournament
3) 5 fish daily limit
4) Any illegal fish will result in loss of that fish and team’s largest fish
5) A fish must be of legal size over or under the slot. All fish in question will be measured with the golden rule. You can check your rule with club presidents rule prior to start of tournament.
6) You are allowed a courtesy check prior to fish being brought to scales for weigh in. Once fish are brought to scales, all weights and decisions are final.
7) There will be a 5 ounce penalty for each dead fish brought to scales. Please make every effort to keep fish alive.
8) Refer to schedule posting on our website for tournament hours
9) All artificial bait is required for fishing. No live bait permitted.
10) To weigh a big fish for tournament, the fish must be alive and you must choose your big fish to weigh in. We will NOT choose or pick, and only ONE big fish will be weighed.
11) All fishing must be done from inside the boat, no bank fishing or wading will be allowed. No trolling permitted.
12) We will limit the number of boats to 40 entries per tournament.
13) If you have to leave the tournament for any reason, please notify the Club President or leave a note on President’s truck, or call someone, so we can know everyone is accounted for.
14) You must fish 3 tournaments prior to May 9th to qualify to fish any other tournaments for the remainder of the season!!!! OR be listed as a member of Shenandoah Valley Bass Club as such date. All membership fees still apply.
15) You must fish 8 tournaments on the fishing schedule to qualify to fish the Classic and to receive year end rewards including big fish awards.
16) All live wells will be checked prior to boat launch
17) All regular season tournaments will have a $80.00 entry fee with 90% payback. The Classic fee will be $100.00 with 100% payback. Breakdown will be as follows; $60.00 place money, $10.00 big fish and remaining $10 goes to Classic and team of the year, second place, and third place for the year. Same with Classic with the exception that $90 will be for place money. Please refer to the payout schedule given to you at first tournament. The Lockes Landing Open Tournament, if we have it, will have a $90.00 entry fee same as above with the exception only 90% will be the payback. Remaining 10% will go to cover club fees, awards, etc. Will have breakdown once all boats have been registered.
18) Any boat late for weigh in will result in a 1 lb. per minute penalty after 15 minutes, you will be disqualified. You will turn in your chip at designated boat.
19) All fish will be measured with mouth closed and tail pinched.
20) While fishing close water with other club members, you must stay at least 25 yards away from other members fishing tournament. Please make every effort to show good sportsmanship.
21) If your boat breaks down prior to weigh in, it will be legal for you or your partner to bag your fish and ride in with another member of the club, BUT all must be back on time.
22) Boats will be launched in order by pulling numbers at registration. On smaller bodies of water 2 boats will be launched at a time with 25 second intervals. On larger bodies of water 5 boats will be launched at a time.
23) The 2 day tournaments at the Chic in April and September will count as 2 separate tournaments with 2 separate entry fees. The Jet Boat Shootout will not count towards your weight totals, big fish awards or for qualifying for The Classic.
24) The Classic will be voted on at the last tournament.
25) Total weight for tournaments will be used to determine overall series champion
26) You can fish all 12 tournaments but only teams’ top 11 weights will be used to determine overall series champion.
27) In case of a tie for place money, the money will be divided in between teams. In the case 2 teams tie for 1st place, 1st and 2nd place will be divided between both teams with the next highest taking 3rd place and so on. In the case no fish are weighed in entry fee money will be refunded. In the case only 1 fish is weighed in, that team will claim all prize money.
28) Year-end awards will be given out at the classic, and will be only awarded to members who have qualified fishing 8 tournaments. Unless an emergency occurs that you cannot attend you will still be eligible.
29) In case of inclement weather, President will post changes on website as soon as possible, or contact President at 540-533-8275 or Vice President at 304-283-1049.
30) 50/50 drawings will be held at each tournament to help raise money for awards, ramp fees, etc.
31) All anglers are required to wear life jackets while big motors are running. Proper boating safety equipment is required for all participants.
32) As a member of the club, you can fish with any member in the club or team captain. As a non-boater, the weight will go to the captain’s boat for that tournament and season’s standings. As a non-boater, you must fish 8 tournaments to qualify for classic and year end awards. At the Classic, as long as all members have qualified for 8 tournaments, it will be allowed for members to pair up to fish the Classic. All aspects will be looked into prior to The Classic and must be brought to the attention of the Club President.
33) At the start of the year, your team will use the team captain rule. The team captain will use his boat, accrue the weight for the tournament and season’s standings. The team must fish 8 tournaments to qualify for the Classic and year end awards. As a team you are allowed to use a sub twice a year and still qualify for the Classic as long as each team member has accrued 8 tournaments.
34) Please make every effort to have boats in the water prior to 15 minutes to start of tournament, so tournaments can launch on time.
35) All members are encouraged to show good sportsmanship to members and non-members of the club.
36) The use of alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited during the tournament hours. If you are caught, you will disqualified from the tournament and entry fees will not be returned!!!
37) We encourage anyone wanting to become a member to please contact anyone in the club or the club president for further information.
38) Team drawing boat #1 will leave 10 minutes early and be back 10 minutes early to collect chips from other club members. Boat drawing last number will start and call boats to launch in the morning.
39) You must be in line or have turned chip in by the posted end time. You are allowed to trailer your boat and then weigh fish.
40) Any member or team caught to be cheating in any form will be disqualified and banned from club for life.